POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A container freighter in space : Re: A container freighter in space Server Time
18 Apr 2024 14:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A container freighter in space
From: BayashiPascal
Date: 6 Jan 2021 05:40:01
Message: <web.5ff59292a05ca7816396ca3e0@news.povray.org>
I've attached a zip file with the code I used and a minimal example on how to
use it. That's far from readable and I don't have time to help much with that
but if you want to dive into it.

> Also some patterns that seem to be image maps?
> At least I wouldn't know how to do them
> proceduraly with povray. I don't mean the logos on the weapon turrets
> but the box-and-lines structures on the hull. How did you make those?
> Are the pipes also proceduraly generated?

The stains and damages on the hull are image maps made with Gimp. On top of it
the details have their own texture, partially picked up randomly in an array
provided by the user, partially procedurally generated.
The user specifes the coordinates of one plate, an array of texture, and an
array of parameters controlling the details on the plate. Then everything is
generated procedurally.
The whole ship is then just a union of plates with the appropriate coordinates,
textures and parameters...

Have fun !

Pascal

Post a reply to this message