POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : adding SDL to ctags : Re: adding SDL to ctags Server Time
23 Apr 2024 23:05:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: adding SDL to ctags
From: Mr
Date: 2 Jan 2021 12:20:01
Message: <web.5ff0aa473de8e3ea6adeaecb0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> (if you're not using 'vim', look away now..  :-))
>
> most users of 'vim' will be familiar with 'tags' files and the '^]' key combo.
> while 'ctags' does not include PovRay SDL, the support is easy to add.  I've
> attached an archive containing a source ('sdl.c') and a "diff" to patch a couple
> of files.  this first version is v basic, only recognising macros and declare +
> local, but usable.
>
> assuming the source[*] for 'ctags-5.8' in '/tmp/ctags-5.8/', extract the archive
> in '/tmp/'.  copy/move 'sdl.c' into the ctags directory, and cd into it.  then
>   $ zcat ../add.sdl.diff.gz | patch --verbose -p1
>
> that's it.  then the usual './configure  &&  make' etc.
>
> I've installed my copy in my home path, ie '~/bin/', for now.  testing, so far
> so good, hope that (some of) you will provide feedback and suggestions for
> improvements etc.
>
> [*] <http://ctags.sourceforge.net/>
>

> enjoy, jr.

I'm thrilled :-D let me explain : Following initial attempt around these
newsgroups by Koppi and SDRausty
http://news.povray.org/povray.unix/thread/%3Cweb.5703a674be33e802db8f4ad50%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=427658
I gave a successful try at building POV v3.8 and HG POV on Android Phones, using
Termux. (Recipe here: http://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Install_POV#Termux )
Then Found out the most practical solutions to edit the pov files there out of
the box was VIM, also since Vim touch is available from Fdroid, it makes the
same editor also available outside of Termux. PLUS it did feature POV syntax
highlighting, so even tighter integration is awesome news !