POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : animations : Re: animations Server Time
16 Apr 2024 14:31:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animations
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 29 Nov 2020 16:20:06
Message: <web.5fc41065bec250e1f9dae300@news.povray.org>
"Julia" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi,
> Im making an animation of the earth and the moon rotating.
> I cant make the moon spin around the earth and i dont know where is the problem

All of your rotate command will be rotating your objects around the origin.
So if your object is AT the origin, then all you do is spin it in place.

In its simplest form:

If you want to take a sphere and spin it, it has to be spun around its axis AT
the origin, then translated to it's orbital distance, and then rotated around
the origin again to move it around its orbital path.