POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : RADIOSITY save/load syntax in v3.7-3.8? : Re: RADIOSITY save/load syntax in v3.7-3.8? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 07:15:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RADIOSITY save/load syntax in v3.7-3.8?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 24 Nov 2020 13:40:01
Message: <web.5fbd529f4489f50e1f9dae300@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Thanks for that (and to Bald Eagle for his link as well.) I didn't know about
> this '2-pass' radiosity method for still image renders. Although, those
> recommendations (from 2011) appear to be based on using v3.6 of POV-ray, I
> think; perhaps Jaime's original Ignorancia article is too(?) AFAIU, radiosity's
> inner workings have undergone some major changes since then, for v3.7-3.8, so I
> wonder if the information is still valid for later versions. That would require
> some comparison tests, to find out.

I was using that method for my Secret Passage TC-RTC entry, which is filed under
POV-Ray/v3.7, and my .pov file has #version 3.7; at the top.
Also, the image metadata for the final render says "Created By POV-Ray 3.7.0",
so I'm confident that it works with 3.7.
There could be some changes in 3.8, but I would imagine that the overall
workflow ought to be the same.