POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Backside illumination : Re: Backside illumination Server Time
20 Apr 2024 07:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Backside illumination
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 Nov 2020 10:25:01
Message: <web.5fba821d52c91f13d98418910@news.povray.org>
> In Norbert Kern's Bluebell Wood discussion, there was mention of the use
> of basckside illumination by Alain and myself. Here is an example of its
> use, a 2019 update of a 2012 scene from the Iskander/Gancaloon universe.
> Backside illumination was applied to the curtains.
>
> --
> Thomas

I have not yet used backside illumination, so I'm curious as to what I should
see in your scene. I assume that the curtain objects themselves are
semi-transparent(?), and that the effect is seen as the small triangular light
patches on the left-side curtain?

So many tricks to learn, so little time ;-)