POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Hgpovray38, current state : Re: Hgpovray38, current state Server Time
24 Apr 2024 18:29:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hgpovray38, current state
From: Mr
Date: 13 Nov 2020 11:15:01
Message: <web.5faeb074b933d8376adeaecb0@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> > Is there maybe some library that I could change to more recent version? (I
> > already pushed many errors by replacing boost folder... But maybe I want too far
> > with that one in a too recent version?
>
> Adding :
> -Wno-c++11-narrowing
>
> into additional compiler options seems to have solved that... next issues coming
> soon :-)

It now tells me as error for
libraries\boost\boost\type_index\detail\compile_time_type_info.hpp ,  line 279
(" boost::typeindex::detail::failed_to_get_function_name();") :
no matching function for call to 'failed_to_get_function_name'

....and as info for \libraries\boost\boost\type_index\ctti_type_index.hpp , line
117 :
in instantiation of member function 'boost::detail::ctti<void>::n' requested
here

also info for libraries\boost\boost\type_index\detail\compile_time_type_info.hpp
, line 87 :
candidate template ignored: couldn't infer template argument 'T'

If I click to show definition of 'T', below are lines :
"TypeIndex library could not detect your compiler.Please make the
BOOST_TYPE_INDEX_FUNCTION_SIGNATURE macro use correct compiler macro for getting
the whole function name. Define BOOST_TYPE_INDEX_CTTI_USER_DEFINED_PARSING to
correct value after that."

I am using Visual Studio 2019 building Release x64 target, with LLVM as a
compiler, ISO standard Language version C++14, --disable-io-restrictions
-Wno-c++11-narrowing, and with all other changes mentioned before in this
discussion. any clue what else to change to keep/(start?) moving forward?