POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I got a new 64bit computer! : I got a new 64bit computer! Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  I got a new 64bit computer!
From: Leroy
Date: 7 Oct 2020 13:00:01
Message: <web.5f7df2aa63a685a12aeece030@news.povray.org>
The first thing I did is put POV 3.7 on it. My first test was 10 times faster
than my old computer.

 My old computer was dual core running winXp. The new computer is quad core and
runs win10. So you see I haven't upgraded in a long time.

 I'm so happy I just had to tell ya all about it!

 I'm not as happy with win10, yet. It relies on the internet to much & the
cloud. It has a bunch of crap on it that I'm going to get rid of. The windows
programs I wrote to help with POV will run on win10. But the help files on most
of them won't. I'll need to rewrite them into html files then use the brower.

 The computer itself is fantastic, after I added a 4 Tara bite hard drive. I
have enough room to put twice the data on it that the Xp has. It also has 8 gig
of memory. So shouldn't worry about having POV use a hard drive as memory. The
old computer had a gig of memory and I rarely topped that.

 Now the fun part... I got to get it all set up to do my POV thing. With over 20
years with POV there is a lot to go though. I need to organize it, drop things
I'll never use again(I still have 3.1 bat files),and get ready for POV 4.

Have Fun! I know I will!