POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : whither POV-Ray ?? : Re: whither POV-Ray ?? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 05:38:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: whither POV-Ray ??
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Sep 2020 19:40:01
Message: <web.5f5815bf17b7b05f1f9dae300@news.povray.org>

I use https://postimages.org/   (also https://postimg.cc/)
https://postimg.cc/ZBg50sLh

> there are around 400 scene files in v3.7; how to ensure that users do not
> duplicate work?  other than that, I can make a start tomorrow.

:O  I didn't realize there were that many!

IIRC there's an .ini file in the distro to render all of the images for the
insert menu.   So there's a starting list, and a post-render command could be
added to do the side-by-side - and the diff.

> btw, regarding side-by-side, Linux users will have the (ImageMagick) 'montage'
> utility which could be useful here.  a command like:
>
>   $ montage v37img.png v38img.png -tile 1x2 -geometry +0+0 imgcmp.png
>
> creates a single image with the v38 image below the v37; without internal
> border(s).

Very cool, It would be great to have a small file with useful techniques like
this in a future distro.