POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : parabolic mirror : Re: parabolic mirror Server Time
24 Apr 2024 09:06:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: parabolic mirror
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 16 Aug 2020 11:40:01
Message: <web.5f395226b1c5dc8d1f9dae300@news.povray.org>
"ttyUSB0" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone!
> I read the Photons section and understood where to dig.
> Why is the light reflected so weakly? The count parameter does not affect the
> illumination.

That's a good question, but not really ever using photons except in the odd
scene here and there, I really couldn't tell you.

What I did before to get the polygon to show up (I used a box, to view it from
the side when I was understanding the overall scene geometry) was crank the
light_source up to intensity 10.

If you keep the light_source at 1, you can change the finish block of the
polygon to something like diffuse 100 and that will brighten it up. If you layer
a box and a polygon or triangles, you can make the side facing the light_source
have a "normal" diffuse value, and then only give the mirror-facing side the
huge diffuse value.

You might also experiment with texture and interior_texture to do the same thing
with a single 2D object.

This guy seems to be an ace - maybe contact him with a question.   I'm sure
you'll both have a lot in common!   :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjMjWtntm9k