POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : bones.inc : bones.inc Server Time
18 Apr 2024 05:10:26 EDT (-0400)
  bones.inc
From: robot guy
Date: 19 Jul 2020 01:15:00
Message: <web.5f13d5f088bb62bc9d50611f0@news.povray.org>
I had posted a link to my bones.inc forward kinematics include file here about
ten years ago.  The link is of course old and broken though, so I just uploaded
it to GitHub:

https://github.com/edrobotguy/bones

bones.inc allows you to create complex skeletons and attach POVray objects to
them.  Included on the git are a huge readme file and two sample POVray files
that use bones.inc, one for animating a bipedal robot and another with a snake.
For the robot, the skeleton is defined right down to the finger bones.

Animation is accomplished by establishing a Pose for a skeleton, where each
joint angle is specified, and then interpolating between Poses according to the
clock value.  Chains of these interpolations can create some very complex
skeleton movements with very little code.