POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How can I fix surface perfections on my render? : Re: How can I fix surface perfections on my render? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 06:08:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I fix surface perfections on my render?
From: Newt
Date: 19 May 2020 04:45:00
Message: <web.5ec39bf949257b65a55574d00@news.povray.org>
> The issue I'm facing is that
> the output surface has a lot of imperfections around edges.

As already well put by other guys, those are radiosity artifacts, and it's pain
to clean them out... there are two parameters that must be balanced, 'count' and
'error_bound'. I will upload image in a separate post to clarify.

Generally, I combat these artifatcs by using:
-textures, image maps - not plain flat surfaces
-complex lightning scene - not single point light or sky dome
-actual environment, room, background - not object suspended in empty black
space
-focal blur - even a subtle amount works miracles
-large renders (5000+ px) - then apply small amount of gauss or other blur
filter