POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Elliptical torus : Re: Elliptical torus Server Time
24 Apr 2024 01:23:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Elliptical torus
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 May 2020 16:35:05
Message: <web.5eaf29f1a032ea3dfb0b41570@news.povray.org>

> :-) Thanks for pushing here. Does this all work only when the major axis
> is 1.0 or something?

Unfortunately, I thought, nay - believed (at 1am) that I had gotten it
sufficiently worked out so that I could just get it prettied up and all would be
fine, but of course it has proven to be a bit more challenging than that.
I have been trying to get it re-worked out myself, but how exactly the
z-parameter gets adjusted to compensate for the x and y stretching in the
implicit form is unclear.

I too have been trying to get it to be consistent with POV-Ray's torus in the
xz-plane - I just need to hit upon the proper form.

On the plus side, after a few dozen experiments, I have at least one function
that's sufficiently interesting to pursue at some other point.

It's maddening to be this tantalizingly close and still not _have_ it.