POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Livelihoods : Re: Livelihoods Server Time
23 Apr 2024 11:33:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Livelihoods
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 27 Apr 2020 17:40:07
Message: <web.5ea7501b144bf601afdd13e10@news.povray.org>

> The united States of America was designed to be a Constitutional Republic.  The
> Founders recognized the dangers of a pure democracy, and did their best to
> protect against it.   That's one of the reasons the politicians and media harp
> on "democracy" so much - because it's the very antithesis of what the Founders
> envisioned as an enduring nation of Liberty and prosperity.
>
> Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
>
> Alas, much has gone badly awry in the last 200 years, though I have seen some
> claim that it was planned that way from the very beginning.
>
> I think the important thing is not that we make [honest] mistakes, or fall, but
> that we get up, and we learn the important lessons from the errors committed.

I don't know, what kind of pure democracy USA wanted to avoid - is it anarchy or
a democracy like in antic athen, where Socrates was sentenced to death? I
wouldn't like either...
Nothing should be taken to its extremes! Here I "totally" agree with the
founding fathers, if I got them correct ;-)

But what we have to learn now beside all of the economic stuff?
Personally I don't see a clear winning system and I don't have the eastern
mentality to give my data away like in Taiwan or South Corea.

Nobody will get my moving data, that's for sure!

Norbert