POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Livelihoods : Re: Livelihoods Server Time
18 Apr 2024 17:42:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Livelihoods
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 27 Apr 2020 13:55:01
Message: <web.5ea71b1e144bf601afdd13e10@news.povray.org>

> One of the things emerging - and it is not the first time - is this:
> https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52401763. This kind of "philosophy"
> has me badly worried. Democracy is not something to be played down as "a
> price worth paying", imho.
>
> --
> Thomas

Our occidental culture developed ideologies like communism and fascism.
Perhaps it belongs to a dichotomy, that western world also installed democracies
beginning with switzerland, netherlands, england, USA and so on.

Other regions don't have such a history and they don't see democracy as a
fundamental value as we do.

As western world superiority is fading, other countries and regions step in.
Some of them want to destabilize the western world by money and slowly growing
influence, others by exporting terrorism...

Anyway, I don't believe in think tanks as long as they are easy to manipulate by
a mixture of ideology and money.
And I've a bad feeling about modern left-wing organizations. They have changed
fundamentally from where I knew them in the seventies and eighties.
But here my own conspiracy theories are rising - and I'm very sceptical about my
own thoughts.

Last thought - Our western culture is the one which emphasizes ratio most with
all its good and bad consequences - I hope this fundamental value will guide us
through the hard times to come...

Norbert