POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Anyone using RTR? : Anyone using RTR? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Anyone using RTR?
From: Jeff Houck
Date: 27 Mar 2020 16:15:01
Message: <web.5e7e5dd54fdaeeb7ba15bf7d0@news.povray.org>
I've retired and now find myself with all that "spare time" I never seemed to
find before. I've returned to some long-shelved POV-Ray projects, including a
render farm using Raspberry Pi's and some animation stuff. (Some of these
projects go back 20+ years ... I've been busy.:) )

RTR, Real Time Raytracing, has been in v3.7 but is anyone using it? The devs
intended to keep it in POV-Ray if it proves popular. So, I'm wondering how
popular is it with folks?

From the user document: "Note: Currently, it is not possible to save the
rendered RTR output to disk. We will provide this as an option if we keep RTR in
POV-Ray."

While both clocked and clockless animation features are possible, it seems to me
that using RTR gives one another tool in the toolbox.

Comments? Cheers.