POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : STL binary floating data. : Re: STL binary floating data. Server Time
23 Apr 2024 02:33:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: STL binary floating data.
From: jr
Date: 9 Mar 2020 15:55:07
Message: <web.5e669dff517dbb51451952ca0@news.povray.org>
hi,

"GioSeregni" <gms### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Thanks! If you are interested, this is my small Autolisp program.
> I dont know if it works on your specific CAD without adjustments, I'm afraid
> not, but the concept is this. 3DFACE ---> STL faces

thanks.  sorry, no CAD s/ware here.

had a v quick look at '2STL.lsp' (although I don't "speak" LISP), but the ASCII
format output is clear.

now thinking that if you were to write each face as as line of comma-separated
values instead (ie nx,ny,...,v3z), converting that CSV to binary STL would be
(famous last words.. :-)) trivial.

regards, jr.