POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Continuing stopped render strategies : Re: Continuing stopped render strategies Server Time
19 Apr 2024 08:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Continuing stopped render strategies
From: jr
Date: 27 Jan 2020 06:25:01
Message: <web.5e2ec7ad350d908c662f470@news.povray.org>
hi,

> I have a bad habit of stopping a render, making a small change,
> rendering again, and then wanting to go back and continue the previous
> render. What strategies have you adopted to deal with this type of
> situation?

I use (well, getting better at using) a version control software for projects,
'fossil'.  it is lightweight and has a web interface[*].  I'm also getting into
the habit of always using an .ini file, so I can just do 'povray xyz' or 'povray
xyx[final]' instead of having to abort because I forgot some command-line
option.

> Are there any changes developers could make to make things easier?

can't think of any, do you have anything specific in mind?

[*] <https://www.fossil-scm.org/home/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki>

regards, jr.