POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : The Bright Star Catalogue : Re: The Bright Star Catalogue Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:04:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Bright Star Catalogue
From: Melody
Date: 16 Jan 2020 18:35:00
Message: <web.5e20f2dfe3b4c4169da690110@news.povray.org>
> "Melody" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
> > I already made a bright star catalog converted to pov, in 3D points, if anyone
> > is interested.
>
> Yes, that would be a very useful thing, indeed.
> Are there comments of any sort to assist in highlighting the various
> constellations, or is it just bare-bones at the moment?
>
> I still have to wrap my head around the ephemerides and the orbital elements to
> be able to position everything where it needs to be at the proper times...

Constellation boundaries points is another set of points.
Got it all in 3 languages.

POV
http://trueinnerbeing.x10host.com/charts/planetarium45.zip

JS
http://trueinnerbeing.x10host.com/charts/jtarium232full-opac.zip
http://trueinnerbeing.x10host.com/charts/jtarium.html
(ctrl-F8 titles are links to APOD)

OpenGL
http://trueinnerbeing.x10host.com/code/gamemode.zip
http://trueinnerbeing.x10host.com/code/code.html

all to grok really, is that camera matrix is "inverted"
and you just pipe everything thru the world matrix.