POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : povmodeler : Re: povmodeler Server Time
20 Apr 2024 10:04:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povmodeler
From: simbad
Date: 23 Dec 2019 07:45:01
Message: <web.5e00b5a2f7e9e65213458b160@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> "simbad" <Han### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> > I dont think I will really "release" any version with the old code as it is hard
> > to maintain and is in many ways complicated.
> > But on the other hand I want to keep on to support the old users as good as
> > possible. I already started a rewrite of the GUI but this will take some time.
>
> something to look forward to.  :-)
>
> > So I split my time between support for the old code and to rewrite the GUI.
> >
> > But the build environment and packaging will be needed in both development
> > pathes.
> >
> > For handling of bugs I think it would be best to use the github issue tracker.
>
> ok.
>
> > This would help to establish something near to release managment.
>
> yes, be(com)ing the package maintainer/developer for a software with an existing
> user base is a pretty big hat to wear, I think.  wishing you good fortune.
>

> regards, jr.

So ....

found the segfault bug. Fixed some other things from making it run on slackware
and created all packages anew. Because of the work done it gives a new
version-number (only the patch-level).

https://www.simulated-universe.de/povmodeler-1.1.5-debian-10.deb
https://www.simulated-universe.de/povmodeler-1.1.5-linuxmint-18.3.deb
https://www.simulated-universe.de/povmodeler-1.1.5-linuxmint-19.1.deb
https://www.simulated-universe.de/povmodeler-1.1.5-linuxmint-19.2.deb
https://www.simulated-universe.de/povmodeler-1.1.5-opensuse-leap-15.1.rpm
https://www.simulated-universe.de/povmodeler-1.1.5-x86_64-14.1.tgz
https://www.simulated-universe.de/povmodeler-1.1.5-x86_64-14.2.tgz

The slackware packages are the two last with no distro name in them.
Just try it and please report bugs on github. Help can be obtained here.
Questions answered as well.

But I hope I can spend more time on the rewrite.