POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Through the Eyes of a Child - Christmas 2019 release : Re: Through the Eyes of a Child - Christmas 2019 release Server Time
16 Apr 2024 05:36:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Through the Eyes of a Child - Christmas 2019 release
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 Dec 2019 13:50:01
Message: <web.5df3dd32b8d5d5aa4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> hi,
>
> Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:

> > Markus: "Only an *American* would run a car when it's not going anywhere!"
> > Me: "It's fucking cold!"
> > Him: "That's why there's a blanket in the back!  They're not making any
> > more dinosaurs. And you're polluting the air for no reason!"
>
> :-)
>

> > So, "they're not making any more dinosaurs" became one of my mantras.
>
> too like it.
>

> > I turn my car off in line at the McDonald's drive-thru.

https://www.thoughtco.com/oil-comes-from-dinosaurs-fact-or-fiction-3980636
https://www.thoughtco.com/does-oil-come-from-dinosaurs-1092003

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-oil-we-are-burning-today-the-corpses-of-dinosaurs

So, it's likely plankton, algae, whatever that was the source.

There are also claims that oil isn't from biological sources at all, but is
truly a mineral deposit of sorts.

https://rense.com/general67/oils.htm

Given that they've determined that there's a VAST amount of polycyclic aromatic
hydrocarbons out there in space, that seems less far fetched than I thought it
was when I initially read about it.

There's also biodiesel, synthetic photosynthesis, and lots of other technologies
to provide us with fuel.

The biggest driving force I see in destroying - anything - is taxes.   If you
could own your own property, create real wealth, and purchase durable goods and
hand down the things accumulated over one's life to the next generation, you
wouldn't have to constantly be driving all over creation to work.

You could have time to cultivate your own land and eat real healthy food - from
plants that - hey - absorb CO2 from the atmosphere as their food source.

You could build really good quality well insulated houses that "net zero" and
need minimal to no heating, because --- you wouldn't have property taxes when
you built something like that.   And you wouldn't be any disincentive to build
such a thing because you wouldn't be in any danger of losing your property
because you'd OWN it.

If people weren't perpetually in need of making MORE money to pay de facto rent
and tribute to the real criminals on the planet, we could invest in making good
quality durable goods instead of cheap disposable plastic crap that's part of
the planned obsolescence program.  No one makes anything GOOD anymore, because
where's the profit?   Why doe I constantly have to make more profit?   To pay my
damned taxes - because those NEVER end.

and on and on and on.