POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Through the Eyes of a Child - Christmas 2019 release : Re: Through the Eyes of a Child - Christmas 2019 release Server Time
20 Apr 2024 12:32:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Through the Eyes of a Child - Christmas 2019 release
From: jr
Date: 13 Dec 2019 06:15:01
Message: <web.5df37229b8d5d5aafeeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> Am 12/12/19 1:59 PM, also sprach jr:
> One of my defining moments:
>
> I was living in Zürich.  One night my native buddy and I were out.  We
> stopped at Wang Labs, his old job, where apparently the janitor was the
> big hash dealer.  He left me in the car and proceeded to wander around a
> 14 story building looking for the dude.  After, oh, 45 minutes, I was
> cold and I turned on the car for some heat (Zürich in winter).  About
> that time he came out and started yelling at me.
>
> Markus: "Only an *American* would run a car when it's not going anywhere!"
> Me: "It's fucking cold!"
> Him: "That's why there's a blanket in the back!  They're not making any
> more dinosaurs. And you're polluting the air for no reason!"

:-)

> So, "they're not making any more dinosaurs" became one of my mantras.

too like it.

> I turn my car off in line at the McDonald's drive-thru.

you have to manually turn off/on the engine?  here, over the past few years,
more and more vehicles switch off the motor automatically when halting (eg when
waiting at lights, etc).  (nonsense I think because emissions when starting are
high, so a few sec's idling probably pollutes less than constant off/on cycling)

regards, jr.