POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : building povmodeler? : Re: building povmodeler? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 17:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: building povmodeler?
From: jr
Date: 11 Dec 2019 11:05:00
Message: <web.5df11286cdd38c9feeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

Dick Balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> Am 12/10/19 1:18 AM, also sprach jr:
>  > btw, re 'qtpovmodeler', what's with the baseinsertrules.xml file not
> found?
>  > (same for the docmap xml).
>
> Did you do make install?  I got these installed from the povmodeler.deb
> file.
> $ ls /usr/share/povmodeler/
> baseinsertrules.xml  examples  library  povraydocmap.xml  questionmark.png
>
> I would guess you have the same in /usr/local?

not quite.  I only built the executable, then tried it in-situ (temp build dir);
both the exe and the supporting xml were in the same directory though.

> But. I did not set up make install in the qmake file yet.  You would
> have had to have done that from the povmodeler's cmake.

will you be adding the install procedure in the near future?

>  >  also, and that may be my window manager to blame
>  > (WindowMaker 0.95.7), main menu accelerator key bindings do not work
> for me.
>
> They don't work for me either.

not my setup then, ok.  another "not working for me" item is the preferences
dialog, afaict it does not save changed setting between sessions.

(how did you manage to create a bathtub, _anything_??)

regards, jr.