POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD : Re: [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:02:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Nov 2019 19:45:00
Message: <web.5dcdf3faf7b9a3af4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> thank you for this link.  watching the film helped somewhat.

You, Sir, are hilarious.
That thing didn't help me a single bit.  :D

Try this.
https://towardsdatascience.com/svd-8c2f72e264f

There are dozens of other pretty decent summaries / explanations.

Now that I have a functional reorientation, I'm waiting on some feedback from
someone, anyone as to a last bit of the puzzle (unconnected to the present
application).

Also going to try to get some c++ code written, and then hopefully the SVD will
be able to be integrated into a easy-to-use POV-Ray workflow.

If THAT works, then I have some other ideas for what to try it on.