POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD : Re: [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD Server Time
24 Apr 2024 17:35:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Minimum Volume] Bounding Ellipsoid via SVD
From: jr
Date: 6 Nov 2019 21:15:01
Message: <web.5dc37d9ff7b9a3affeeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/message/%3Cweb.5dc33dd7f7b9a3af4eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.
5d
> c33dd7f7b9a3af4eec112d0%40news.povray.org%3E
>
> I don't know what construct to use to "catch" the data from stdin...

the program does already though.  where in main you have "std::cin >> matrix",
that's reading from stdin, after it put the message on stdout.  cin/cout/cerr ==
stdin/stdout/stderr.

> But I will look.
> Hangin' it up for the day - got a day tomorrow, hopefully it's not a disaster
> <crosses fingers>
>
> > it is .. seductive.  _if_ I can understand yr code well enough, I've plans for a
> > platform on tank-like tracks I'd like to build.
>
> I'll see if I can put together a simplified version minus all the gobbledygook.

great, cheers.

> > > I hope the lesson pdf clarifies the whole point of all of this and to some
> > > extent how it's done.
> >
> > you're pulling my leg..
>
> Nope.
> Just look at the pretty pictures.
>
> > had a quick scan, the formulae just make my eyes bleed.
> >  the 1st scan main benefit was seeing the virtual "mass", as an assumption and
> > how it can then be applied.  that, as a concept, is v interesting, need to think
> > on it.
>
> Well that's basically it - don't look at the formulae.

well, re-orienting a given object to obtain a best fit BB seems to be necessary,
so, no choices.  :-)

regards, jr.