POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : "ultra_wide_angle" use perspective? : "ultra_wide_angle" use perspective? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 03:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  "ultra_wide_angle" use perspective?
From: fuyok
Date: 25 Oct 2019 03:00:00
Message: <web.5db29c35e36875162dc3df130@news.povray.org>
Hello.

I'm a Japanese student. I use POV-Ray for my research.

I would like to hear about the projection method of "ultra_wide_angle" camera.
CG drawn with an ultra-wide-angle camera shows a distortion of the curve that
cannot be seen with perspective, but the actual wide-angle camera is due to
perspective projection, so there is almost no distortion. In POV-Ray, I would
like to know how the super wide angle is expressed and what projection method is
used.

in POV-Ray. (A real lens has a theory that formalizes distortion called
"distortion aberration")

I'm sorry in my very poor English.