POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : "circular" arrays : Re: "circular" arrays Server Time
20 Apr 2024 01:43:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "circular" arrays
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 21 Oct 2019 20:10:01
Message: <web.5dae47c4e06d33d74eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:

Thanks for the code and the link  :)

I do like that we have a lot of people who design and write include files and
code snippets, however much of what I'm musing about are additions to the source
code.

And that's for several reasons:

1.  It will be well-established, working, tested, reliable code to perform a
specific task in "the right way".

2.  and therefore, the [new] user, or experienced user who just doesn't have the
desire to write or track down such code will have it embedded into POV-Ray
already

3. and it follows along with the concept of "inseparability" - detachable things
like scene and include files get lost, forgotten, and even deleted.

4. Sometimes certain things are faster, because they are compiled code, and SDL
can be slow

So, I definitely think that plenty of scenes and macros and functions and
include files ought to be written and developed - but my wish is to see them
constantly being looked at for inclusion into subsequent versions.