POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : POV-Ray 3.7 from MacPorts crashing : POV-Ray 3.7 from MacPorts crashing Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:06:24 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray 3.7 from MacPorts crashing
From: Dan Byers
Date: 16 Oct 2019 20:40:00
Message: <web.5da7b781e1d0913f44b457e10@news.povray.org>
Okay, here's the story.  I have an automated process for rendering that uses the
command-line version of POV-Ray, compiled and distributed by MacPorts, for my
iMac.  3.7 has always been a bit dodgy on my Mac -- the GUI version runs just
fine, but starting with MacOS Mojave and continuing on to Catalina, the
command-line version crashes, hard, to the point where it's effectively useless,
and it doesn't matter if I use MacPort's version or one I compile myself from
the *nix source; the errors are the same.  Tried looking up a contact at
MacPorts to report this, but no maintainer is listed for the POV port, so I'm
turning to this forum and you kind people for whatever assistance you can
provide.  The last crash I was able to capture the error messages, which I would
think would be helpful (the crash report for Apple has gobs of data).

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.  If I posted this in the wrong forum,
please accept my apologizes and kindly direct me to the correct forum/venue.
Thank you.

Dan Byers