POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : sphere slicing problem : Re: sphere slicing problem Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:36:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere slicing problem
From: jr
Date: 16 Oct 2019 05:00:01
Message: <web.5da6dbe1401c5809feeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> With regard to the slicing problem:
> I'm wondering if you can use/abuse the orthographic camera itself to get what
> you want.
> I came across this when Ton posted a link to FL's site.
> see:
> http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/scale_model/s_mod_150e.htm
>
> Maybe with some sort of no_shadow or double_illuminate keywords, you could get
> it to light the surface of that interior "slice".

nice.

had a very cursory look at the FL page, not sure I understood but using the
direction vector is .. interesting, and I'll give this a try.

already using no_shadow but will see if double_illuminate (on the slice) makes a
difference.

thank you very much + "bless yr little cotton socks".  :-)

regards, jr.