POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : sphere slicing problem : Re: sphere slicing problem Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:35:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere slicing problem
From: jr
Date: 15 Oct 2019 05:55:00
Message: <web.5da596dc401c5809feeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > Nope.  It's putting textures in too early.  The clear texture is what eliminates
> > the surface[s] of the slice.

just for the record, after trying suggested variations (clipped_by, bounded_by),
I also tried with 'no_image' for both object and "slice", separate and together.
 still the same looking output: of 200 frames only the first (and last) twenty
or so result in complete rings, then progressive "break up", to nothing shown at
all for circa ten frames around the middle.

regards, jr.