POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : sphere slicing problem : Re: sphere slicing problem Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:27:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sphere slicing problem
From: jr
Date: 14 Oct 2019 10:20:01
Message: <web.5da482f8401c5809feeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

(replying to both you and Bald Eagle here)

think BE is right in that it is probably a "small, simple" thing.  currently
thinking it may be the camera.

> On 10/14/19 7:09 AM, jr wrote:
>
> I'm mostly otherwise busy today, but a scene file would help.

yes, my bad.  just posted a zip in p.b.misc.

> I don't
> understand how you are getting rings from the box and sphere
> intersection. ...Unless this why you made the box is transparent?

yes.  and I should have said, there's nothing special about the sphere.  this
"slicing rig" is meant to work with arbitrary objects.  the red sphere is just
testing.

> Or given the orthographic camera a torus changed frame by frame might be
> better - rings could be of constant width except at the very top and
> bottom.

my current hypothesis: my orthographic camera setup is wrong.

regards, jr.