POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : POV-Ray v3.8 based unix patch for pgm depth maps. : Re: POV-Ray v3.8 based unix patch for pgm depth maps. Server Time
24 Apr 2024 20:34:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8 based unix patch for pgm depth maps.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Jul 2019 19:50:01
Message: <web.5d31048a7bfcb4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Then, to add any of my published
features to the current master, you'd do something like the following
from the master branch in git:

git branch pUltra
git checkout pUltra
git branch --set-upstream-to master pUltra

git pull https://github.com/wfpokorny/povray.git
feature/newDensityPatternInterpolations

git pull https://github.com/wfpokorny/povray.git update/JG_sdl2

git pull . feature/MyVortex    ;# <-- Your Vortex branch.

After which you'd do the normal build sequence."

I guess I have to read up on exactly what git does and how it works.
trying
git branch pUltra
or
git pull https://github.com/wfpokorny/povray.git
gave me a "not a git repository" error

I'm assuming it's more complicated than just downloading an extra file or two
before the compiling, since there's stuff that needs to get integrated in
several places.

But I did get hgpovray38 downloaded and installed, so that's a start   :)