POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Reconstructing full color pigment pattern : Re: Reconstructing full color pigment pattern Server Time
19 Apr 2024 13:32:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reconstructing full color pigment pattern
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 15 Jul 2019 21:40:01
Message: <web.5d2d2adf8425f2c54eec112d0@news.povray.org>

(the usual stuff, then)

> Is there a way to create a full-color pigment?

Well, there is, but I'm having a hard time replicating the colors in the
original pigment.
Bozo has red, green, blue ---- and white.
I'm assuming this is the result of the usual Red + Green + Blue = <1, 1, 1> =
White

But when I layer textures, how does that all work - because the top texture's
pigment occludes anything under it, unless I use filter and / or transmit.

Which led me WAY back to this 1998 post by Nathan Kopp:
http://news.povray.org/povray.newusers/message/%3C3606A736.25533F45%40ltu.edu%3E/#%3C3606A736.25533F45%40ltu.edu%3E

Very interesting and illuminating.

But I'm not sure what values of filter and transmit to use in order to get a
blending of colors to create white.  I'm getting the sense that I can't use PURE
red green and blue with filter, but maybe I'm wrong?

Can someone with a far better grasp of rgbft addition / multiplication lend a
hand with a mixing equation?

I'm almost there....