POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Using an image_map as a light filter: bug in 3.8? : Re: Using an image_map as a light filter: bug in 3.8? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 17:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using an image_map as a light filter: bug in 3.8?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 23 Jun 2019 20:50:00
Message: <web.5d101e19377950ae4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:

> What? Cool, I didn't think anyone actually used it.  That's a pretty old
> version by now, about 8 months, 2018-10-09.  I stopped updating when
> clipka started rewriting the parser.

I humbly worship at the shrine of Balaska.   :D

I did an apt-get upgrade just to check, and my next step was to see about
installing POV-Ray from source, but I've never done that in Linux yet.
I've only ever done any of that "make" stuff - and that was with a step-by-step
instruction sheet

I thought you had at one point edited the qt version to make a blue arrow to
render the SDL tab currently being edited - I guess that went away?

Maybe someone can check to see if the weird image_map filtering bug still exists
in the most current [un]official version.