POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Martian air/space defense installation : Re: Martian air/space defense installation Server Time
25 Apr 2024 12:58:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Martian air/space defense installation
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 11 Jun 2019 19:45:00
Message: <web.5d003c669ec211ca4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"Hj. Malthaner" <han### [at] nospamgmxde> wrote:
> My first animation of some complexity.
>
> "Long after the last war, some of the martian defense installations are
> still operational and without any crew left, now working in fully
> automated mode."
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWg1xsw5BCc
>
> Rendered with PovRay 3.8.0-alpha

Well that's some pretty impressive work!
There must be a sizable amount of code, and you must have rendered quite a few
frames  :O

> No radiosity, because that was flickering badly between the frames. Here
> an early attempt with radiosity.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZM_lhW_FKQ
>
> The radiosity code could not really make up its mind where to put the
> light ...

Yeah - I could see that being tricky.
Have you tried using that rad_def.inc file as a starting point?  Maybe get
something that's slow but good, and then tweak it.  Because with all the
radiosity settings, that's gonna be challenging to do from scratch.