POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Finding and extracting GDAL elevation data : Re: Finding and extracting GDAL elevation data Server Time
23 Apr 2024 13:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finding and extracting GDAL elevation data
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 May 2019 21:25:00
Message: <web.5ce0af76356eaf334eec112d0@news.povray.org>
I've found a pretty convenient tool for getting heightfield elevation maps
directly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd2dqe3v7nU

https://tangrams.github.io/heightmapper

Now I just need to figure out a way to make the heightfield, the satellite
image, and the street map align and be scaled properly.

I also have "holes" in my heightfield when I try to texture it with an image
map.  They appear to be at places that are over a certain elevation.   Does that
ever happen?   CAN it ever happen?  I'd expect an image to be rgb in the range
of 0-1.
Is there a mechanism in POV-Ray to scale the rgb range of a heightfield image to
the proper range?