POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Visualization of a sand grain : Re: Visualization of a sand grain Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:08:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visualization of a sand grain
From: Wallace
Date: 2 Apr 2019 02:55:01
Message: <web.5ca3068b3897cbe35b7561110@news.povray.org>
> "Wallace" <819### [at] qqcom> wrote:
> > Hi folks, I am new to the software and this community. I am a year 4 civil
> > engineering student. To finish my final year project, I am required to learn
> > this software. I use Pack3D in matlab to generate some particles with a lot of
> > xyz coordiantes as well as radius from central point. I wonder how could I use
> > Povray visualize a single particle with lots of x-y-z coordinate. I cant find
> > the correct coding for my visualization. Hope can find some help here. Thank
> > you!
>
> Write the <x,y,z> vector and radius to a file.
> Read in the values, generate a sphere of that radius at that point.
> loop.
> Could you explain more in details? Since I have no coding background before, I have
to start from zero. The data I go
t from matlab is a particle with 162 points, a list of xyz coordinates and the
distance between every point and the cen
tral point of the particle. I wonder any coding example that i could refer to?

http://news.povray.org/povray.newusers/thread/%3Cweb.5942a025555127989d2528170%40news.povray.org%3E/