POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Infinity Symbol : Re: Infinity Symbol Server Time
25 Apr 2024 05:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Infinity Symbol
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Dec 2018 14:15:00
Message: <web.5c228108ab1f7a1f765e06870@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> For the time being I've made the best of it by putting my initials in the
> flat area to make it look like it's supposed to be there.

Perhaps if you somehow found a way to "wrap" around from your initials to the
infinity and back again, you could go from a David Blaine - type logo to the
"reversed" infinity "halves" and back - and then do some sort of funky 3D
rotational trickery.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3e/a9/fb/3ea9fb3bca307aec63d5b09b2c31eaf3.jpg

Or perhaps something to do with shadows a la Douglas R. Hofstadter's "Godel,
Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid"
https://prodimage.images-bn.com/pimages/9780465026562_p0_v3_s550x406.jpg

or

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/52f8b7e5e4b0a5a45c1bd9f0/t/568e62a2b204d5bac1231540/1452171940249/?format=500w

or maybe incorporate the initials and the infinity a different way...

https://www.vectorstock.com/royalty-free-vector/double-infinity-sign-with-shadow-vector-2770568