POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Crafting a heightfield : Re: Crafting a heightfield Server Time
16 Apr 2024 09:57:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crafting a heightfield
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Nov 2018 08:10:02
Message: <web.5bfd41bcde2ccc44765e06870@news.povray.org>

> Why is everybody staring at me? I am quite innocent! :-)

"You there!  Yes, you - the shifty looking one trying to escape notice."

> Give me a couple of days so that I can assess what I try to do and do not.
>
> --
> Thomas

Sure, that sounds great.  :)
I think there are a lot of methods and work-flow "tricks" that are hard to come
by - and there are SO many areas in POV-Ray that have that sort of learning
curve / time investment.

And it's comparatively easy to throw some random stuff around and make it look
good vs coding up the SDL to do something within very specific parameters.
I think Archimedes was quoted as saying something about "art" vs math &
geometry.  (I have not been able to rediscover the exact quote)

Most of what I like about POV-Ray is that it blends the art and geometry, and
the deveopers and community give us one a good set of tools to bridge the two
approaches.

Thanks, Thomas  :)
All the best.