POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Skewness (long) : Re: Skewness (long) Server Time
24 Apr 2024 22:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Skewness (long)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Nov 2018 14:10:00
Message: <web.5be337a01f36de80765e06870@news.povray.org>
Francois LE COAT <lec### [at] atariorg> wrote:

This is wonderful!   I'm glad you succeeded in working out the details for your
specialized application.   And thanks for reporting back - it's always a
pleasure to see the successes of interesting projects such as yours.  :)

If I may ask,  do you think your work is close enough to something like:
http://kevinkarsch.com/publications/sa11-lowres.pdf
https://kevinkarsch.com/?page_id=445
such that given a 2D photo, 3-dimensional parameters of objects in it could be
extrapolated from it?
Perhaps you may find Dr. Karsch's computer vision research projects, and his
source code, helpful in developing your own methods more quickly.  I myself have
been keeping an occasional eye on his work for several years now.

I like your little yellow smiley face - I did a similar animated face a few
years back.  :)

I hope to see more of your work - it looks like you are lucky enough to work on
a very fun and enjoyable project.

All the best.

Bill Walker