POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : v3.8 help file update : Re: v3.8 help file update Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:56:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: v3.8 help file update
From: Kenneth
Date: 3 Nov 2018 12:50:02
Message: <web.5bddd0c8d18360a043b397d0@news.povray.org>

> In Windows Explorer, right-click the file, open the "Properties" dialog,
> and at the bottom of the "General" tab click on the "Unlock" button or
> checkbox ("Zulassen" in the German version).

.....Turns out green is on the right track...

Yes indeed, that solves the problem. Thanks, to both of you. (My apologies to
green for 'resisting' the idea, ha.)

The question arises as to why this newer help file was 'blocked', when, for
example, 3.7.1 beta 9's file didn't have that bothersome attribute, IIRC. I'm
wondering if a particular Windows 7/Microsoft update over the past couple of
years may have introduced a more restrictive (or more 'robust'?) protection
scheme for files downloaded from the internet.

Or could it be a by-product of the help-file build process, possibly due to a
(newer?)software tool that was used to create it?