POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : v3.8 help file update : Re: v3.8 help file update Server Time
19 Apr 2024 10:48:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: v3.8 help file update
From: Kenneth
Date: 2 Nov 2018 18:25:01
Message: <web.5bdcce14d18360a043b397d0@news.povray.org>
"green" <rov### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> 'unblock' the downloaded file? (is what my problem was; but i got funky
> warnings)

No, the help file seems to load in *some* form (when I go to the HELP/HELP ON
POV-RAY tab in Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate), but the usual colorful "Persistence
Of Vision" introduction page doesn't show up-- it's just a blank white pane
there. The keyword 'index' is there, but nothing happens when trying to access a
particular help topic-- no change in the blank pane.

There does seem to be a difference in loading speeds(?), between this and, say,
3.7.1 beta 9's help file; it's like the newer help file for the alpha release
isn't fully loading (a guess)-- it pops up instantly, whereas beta 9's (and
others from the past) have taken one second or so to load. I do discern a
difference in times (and different sounds of my hard drive re: one vs. the
other.)