POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : X Windows display: disabled : Re: X Windows display: disabled Server Time
24 Apr 2024 10:54:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: X Windows display: disabled
From: jr
Date: 2 Oct 2018 18:20:01
Message: <web.5bb3ee266c2a6a24b0d4fc1e0@news.povray.org>
hi,

Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Le 02/10/2018 à 20:27, jr a écrit :
> > [*] why can that (Xlib) code not simply be ported?
> Because handling at Xlib level means dealing with every possible
> colour-depth and colour-system, nearly by hand.
> You can handle the X11 you have on your system, but for a distribution,
> it is painful to support all of them.

thanks for the background.

fwiw, I've downloaded/installed SDL2 (gone are the man pages.  </sigh>), so
if/when the "not a 5 minute" conversion job is done I'd be happy to test.

to make this (command-line option to embed POV-Ray in given window) an official
feature request, what need I do?

regards, jr.