POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : revisiting rand(...) : Re: revisiting rand(...) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:00:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: revisiting rand(...)
From: Kenneth
Date: 18 Jul 2018 10:40:01
Message: <web.5b4f50e714e7ffaca47873e10@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback <ash### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
> On 07/17/2018 06:27 AM, Kenneth wrote:
> > (BTW, I tried to find the rand() entry in the online wiki, just to see if the
> > info there has changed since the latest(?) POV-included documentation, but I
> > didn't know where to look.)
>
> most of the time i look here first:
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Keywords

Well, that's strange (and it does indeed have info on "rand"). But I originally
looked at a different "keywords" page...

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Keywords

Clicking on "rand" there brings up no actual information, just the word itself.
:-(

The wiki page that I usually look at first, as a general starting place, is...

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Contents

 ... and I see now that it does indeed have the correct link to "identifiers and
keywords"-- but that link is located in the first paragraph of the page, which I
didn't originally notice :-O  I think a better place for that link would be in
the left-hand column of the page (with the other entries there), rather than in
the body of the page. And perhaps there's some confusing redundancy of 'keyword'
pages in the wiki?