POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : sky light render : Re: sky light render Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:58:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sky light render
From: And
Date: 25 Jun 2018 07:20:01
Message: <web.5b30cee187bb2a512d85b1510@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 25/06/2018 07:59, And wrote:
> > pure sky:
> >
> > sun angle 0 degree
> >

> I like this but 18 hours render time! What is the resolution of the image?

Only 720x360

> If the sun is on the horizon should it not be redder?

When the sun is on the horizon it can be yellow, red, or invisible, just depend
on the atmosphere condition.
My program could be rich on the atmosphere condition settings. But still work in
progress.

> BTW can your sky sphere map generator, create a green flash?
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_flash
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwus2nqU0SY

The video is so perfect!(maybe with the music)

Green flash is due to air refract, my program can turn on air refract, but have
bugs and still not implement for different wavelength.