POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problem with nested transparent objects : Re: Problem with nested transparent objects Server Time
24 Apr 2024 05:38:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with nested transparent objects
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 31 Mar 2018 08:35:01
Message: <web.5abf7f8d33249f965cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
Nice work puzzling this out, Kenneth  :)
I haven't had a chance to render this one yet.

Take a look at this thread where I explored this problem, and clipka gave a very
thorough explanation and solution.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.57a7e643418f435e7df57c0%40news.povray.org%3E/

So, I'd set your pigment values with an equation, such that the sum of each term
never exceeds one.

You may also try using the clock to control the highlights - switch one off at
some critical fading value, and the other one on when it's starting to become
visible enough, then increase the values linearly increasing from zero to max
over the remaining clock cycle.