POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : sunlight & night + day : Re: sunlight & night + day Server Time
20 Apr 2024 05:54:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sunlight & night + day
From: Kenneth
Date: 2 Mar 2018 18:55:01
Message: <web.5a99e419886a35cba47873e10@news.povray.org>
"folkert" <fol### [at] vanheusdencom> wrote:
> I suddenly realised what the issue is: the sun does rotate but...there's a
> sky_sphere as well. So it always looks like day-time.

Glad you worked it out.

Sorry, I misread your dsun equation, thinking it was a HUGE value (which got me
off-track.) But it's only 48.15 units, with the resulting looks_like sphere
positioned at your light source at <3000,3000,3000>.

My box experiment showed only the shadow effects FROM your light source, onto a
plane; I didn't think to aim the camera *at* your Sun, to see its visible sphere
shape.