POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : CHROMADEPTH code tests-- animation : Re: CHROMADEPTH code tests-- animation Server Time
19 Apr 2024 08:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CHROMADEPTH code tests-- animation
From: Kenneth
Date: 23 Feb 2018 14:45:00
Message: <web.5a906e8e54892b7ea47873e10@news.povray.org>
> Am 23.02.2018 um 09:53 schrieb Kenneth:
>
> > Given that the
> > found min and max points are simply coordinates in space, why doesn't, say,
> > min_extent *always* pick the 'closest' bounding-box corner to the camera?
>
> Because it always picks the corner with the lowest absolute x,y,z
> values, regardless of camera location.
[snip]

If I had been using my brain like I *should* have, that sentence would have been
something like...

"
...why doesn't, say, VLENGTH *always* pick the 'closest' bounding-box corner to
the camera?" ... which would have made no sense anyway ;-) Duh. Definitely a
major faux-pas of the ol' brain.

All clear now.