POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : CHROMADEPTH code tests-- animation : Re: CHROMADEPTH code tests-- animation Server Time
23 Apr 2024 09:12:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CHROMADEPTH code tests-- animation
From: Kenneth
Date: 23 Feb 2018 07:25:01
Message: <web.5a90075954892b7ea47873e10@news.povray.org>

> The bounding box - and all other coordinates in pov-ray - are referenced to the
> origin.   Nothing to do with the camera at all.  Ever.
>
> So when you do your near / far / camera triangle, of course you "flip" the near
> and far - you've moved the camera to a point where that's true.

Yeah; I had a weird locked-in notion in my head that the min_extent/max_extent
coordinates *changed* as I moved the camera(!). I was confusing/conflating that
with vlength.

Duh. Just goes to show that concentrating solely on a single subject for days
can be... detrimental to mental functioning :-P

But I still think trace() will work; I just need to try it and see.