POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : CHROMADEPTH code tests-- animation : Re: CHROMADEPTH code tests-- animation Server Time
19 Apr 2024 11:37:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CHROMADEPTH code tests-- animation
From: Kenneth
Date: 23 Feb 2018 05:20:00
Message: <web.5a8fea2554892b7ea47873e10@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> ...But there remains that little thorny problem of
> too much extra space between object and bounding-box, when the object happens to
> be rotated. (See the orthographic camera views I posted in Mike H's thread.)
> That space still slightly throws off an accurate gauge of the object's spatial
> volume-- with a correspondingly inaccurate color_map 'spread.'

Actually, as I look at those images again, I see that the extra space is not in
the 'Main camera'-to-object direction (well, maybe a tiny bit is) but rather in
directions +/- 90-degrees to that-- to the 'sides'. As far as my code goes (and
the chromadepth idea itself), the extra 'side' space doesn't matter; the
bounding-box volume and associated color_map spread are only important along the
camera-to-object line of sight.