POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Subsurface scattering : Re: Subsurface scattering Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:01:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurface scattering
From: Kenneth
Date: 6 Feb 2018 21:00:00
Message: <web.5a7a5cacff8943e7a47873e10@news.povray.org>

> Here are my global_settings:
>
> global_settings
> {
> [snip]
>
>  subsurface
>  {
>   samples 5, 5
>   radiosity true
>  }

I have only limited experience with SSLT so far, but your samples count should
be much higher (try 100,100); otherwise you'll still see some linear-like
stochastic noise or blotches. I *think* the noise appearance has no relation to
the size of the object or its distance from the camera; it shows up as the same
'size' in the render no matter what.